A true story happen by author Adelinelennylove520
One of the common question during the interview:-
Briefly describe your personal qualities and ambitions in relation to the position applied for and how you think you can contribute to the position and Company.
Actually everytime facing this question, I always ask myself why should we keep talking about ourselves during the interview? What is your ambition? How do you plan for your career? By the way, if I go back to 10 or 20 years, I might have a lot of different answers and may have a lot of ambition, but during this pandemic (COVID-19), I would say health will be my career. Why Health？I can say, without healthy health we are nothing at all. My ambition? Happiness will be my ambition. I am a positive thinker, I can say I am a happy-go-lucky person too. I like to work in a family feel working environment company. Why do I say that? When you treat your company as your home then you will pay more attention, care and find the best way to protect your family member. Meaning that, you will try your very best to find more business, food, money and so on for your lovely family.
How to introduce yourself during the interview?
It should be said that the entire interview process is a self-introduction. The goal of the process is to establish the trust of the employer in you. The result of the establishment of trust is that you are successfully hired. During the interview, everything about your language expression, mental thinking, and body language will be recorded by the interviewer. Quite simply, if you get a full score of 100 and you reach the interviewer’s passing score of 60 or higher, you will naturally enter the next round of interview or pass the interview immediately.
Think about it in another way. If you know what the interviewer will ask you, you will naturally introduce yourself! So everyone’s question should not be to study what the interviewer should say, but to study how the interviewer asks, so that we can respond to changes in the same way.
So, you divide the problem to be solved into 3 parts, namely:
- Opening remarks What does the interviewer pay attention to and how to introduce yourself
- What is the interviewer’s concern during the interview and how to introduce himself
- At the end of the interview, what does the interviewer pay attention to and how to introduce himself
Opening remarks What does the interviewer pay attention to and how to introduce yourself
The opening remarks set the tone of your entire interview process. How to understand this sentence is: what the interviewer first pays attention to, and at the same time you first show it to the interviewer, first is your character and your communication. Because the company recruits a person, it is by no means simply fancying the job skills you have, but more importantly:
- Is your personality cheerful enough and can you integrate into the team? An activist will make the team more effective
- Are there any obstacles to your communication skills? Is it because you can’t speak the whole sentence in a hesitation, this will affect the efficiency of the entire team
- Whether your mind is normal, a person who is full of complaints will surely become the “rat shit” in the company
- Are you self-confident? If you are not self-confident, it means that you have no personal initiative and can only be a paranoid person.
- Your workplace literacy, including: punctuality, politeness, concentration, body language, data preparation
Let’s walk through the simple process as below: –
- Seeing the interviewer get up, the man takes the initiative to shake hands, the woman smiles and nods, if the other party takes the initiative to shake hands, do not hold the other (polite)
- Introduce yourself in one sentence, what is your name, age, and whether you have work experience. This introduction is the most general introduction to yourself because the interviewer may not read your resume in detail. Your introduction makes it easy for the other party to understand You build an impression (cheerful and generous)
- A strong interspersion, you are a fan of the company’s products interviewed, and you are very interested in this field (meaning that you are not just submitting a resume, but you are looking for an industry you love. If you understand this company, you will get a lot of points, because if you enter this company, it means that the company does not need to spend a lot of cost to teach you, because you already know something, and at the same time, a person who finds his favourite industry will have greater enthusiasm for work.)
- Comment on the company’s environment and express approval. (Because the interviewer may ask you this question, it is better to tell the other person this information directly, such as praising the open environment, because it is easier to communicate and work efficiently; this is already adding points to yourself because of your work Great enthusiasm)
- Give a more detailed introduction to yourself, where you go to school, what work experience you have, and immediately cut into the project cases you have done. (Here you must lead the interview scene. Of course, you have already figured out what case you should say, and all the articles, official accounts, and data you need to show to the interviewer should be prepared in advance when the other party wants to see it. Instead of rummaging on the spot)
- Smile all the way, don’t fake it, don’t come to the interview dull as if you are here to complete the task. You need to come to a company you are interested in, not to interview for an interview. No one likes negative energy bodies.
- The opening remarks are over, and the next step is smoothly, the interview process. People who are good at or can use skills in this opening remark usually have accumulated 59 points for themselves.
What is the interviewer’s concern during the interview process and how to introduce himself?
The questioning rule that all interviewers follow is the STAR technique. The STAR technique is the abbreviation of four steps: SITUATION, TASK, ACTION, and RESULT.
- Situation: Describe the situation and when it took place.
- Task: Explain the task and what was the goal.
- Action: Provide details about the action you took to attain this.
- Result: Conclude with the result of your action.
The focus of the STAR law, in human terms, is use what you have done in the past to verify your future behaviour. So, it means that you must have an interview work. This work can be your official account, the article you wrote, and the data you have verified. These things you have done must be immediately available, as mentioned above, don’t search for your works on the spot. These works can show your abilities most intuitively. Although the interviewer cannot predict how much value you can bring to the company in the future, the communication and works that the interviewer can pass through can predict how badly you can do.
Let’s walk through the STAR rule process as below: –
Introduce the background of the project you have done, how you participated in the project, and which part of the work you were independently responsible for, you must make it clear to the interviewer. Special mention here is that you should not focus on any student council chairperson you have been, or you have participated in a project that is basically a layman. The interview time is about 30 minutes. Don’t waste time introducing you to a long-faced experience. So, the project you introduced requires you to do it yourself. You have made your own official account, which is pure self-execution. Making an official account by yourself means that you have done all the things you have done in making the version, articles, and publicity.
Here you have to clarify your work goals, the work you are doing, and what core KPIs you are most concerned about. Here you enter the core part of the job skills during the interview process, which is the most important aspect of the interviewer, your work thinking style. Having a clear work goal is the basis for the next discussion. After you have a clear goal, you will know whether you have completed the goal, how you did it, and how you think about the result.
Interviewers using marketing and new media operations positions can communicate like this:-
“The WeChat official account is out of interest. The purpose of this work is to provide xx content to xx people. Because I have seen a lot of the content of the official account, the content and the product are very irrelevant, so I hope To do more effective things, so I did a lot of surveys on user portraits and content needs.”
In this way, the focus of your communication is: effective, not WeChat reading numbers and forwarding numbers. This is not a so-called “skill” that diverts the interviewer’s attention, but that we work for a company and really should look at the effect, not the superficial numbers.
Here is how you did it. You can communicate like this:-
”First of all, I did a role survey. I surveyed 100 people who are xx users, asked them when they read WeChat articles and what they liked. I also did a data survey. I checked 1,000 WeChat Moments forwarded and forwarded them. The top 5 types are: current affairs, entertainment, thoughts, funny…So you only made xxx content, and finally you implanted a Telegram group in the article, so that you can evaluate the effect of the article’s change of career, and finally you get xxx The data. “
In this communication process, you showed the whole process, your independent way of thinking and the specific way of doing things. All the directions of the work are all “effective” work. Everything you do is not a brain supplement, you are relying on data to guide your work.
Regarding the results of specific projects, we have already mentioned the “action” part of the previous link. The result mentioned here is your reflection on the result. Usually HR will ask you. Regarding the work you are doing, how would you think about it and how would you adjust it. So after you finish talking about the data results, you don’t need to wait for HR to ask. Do it directly on the data results yourself: Reflect. You will communicate like this：
“The final result is that the article has reached the reading level of xxx. At this level, it is drained to the Telegram group or WeChat group. Through your communication with the user, you find that the angle of your article is xx, but the angle of user demand is xx, so You made adjustments and got new data, what is the increase, why, etc.”
In this communication, not only do you know that you use data to guide your work, your work is super scientific, but you know how to optimize and adjust to make your work better.
In the process of introducing this project, if you can show your way of thinking and action, and immediately take out your work, you have almost got a 90-point interview super-high score. Of course, you still have the opportunity to “critically strike” later.
At the end of the interview, what does the interviewer pay attention to and how to introduce himself?
This is your “crit” time point. You start to talk to the interviewer about the specific issues of this business. You took out a piece of paper, a piece of paper that allowed you to critique the interviewer. On this piece of paper, all your thoughts about this business and your position were written. Fuck, the interviewer was so touched to see this piece of paper, believe me, no one among the interviewers he has ever seen did that. You have regarded yourself as a person in this position, and you have made a work plan for this position. You have studied everything you need to do in this position, and you tell the company what you can do, what the basis is, what questions you have, and what else do you need the interviewer to help you with. Doing so means that others need to take a month to get familiar with the job, and you can work when you get on the job. You are super energetic. The interview impression becomes 120 points immediately.
The interviewer will ask: how do you ask for salary. Don’t say a certain number, you just need to say: “I don’t have high requirements for salary. I hope to prove that I am valuable to the company through hard work. At the same time, life problems must also be faced. I only need an average position. The salary.” Don’t say that the salary is less, and don’t let the other party think that you are a big mouth.
This is not over yet! Continue your question time, the company’s profit model, the company’s future development, and the company’s personnel structure are all your questions. You need to understand how the company will develop, and you also need to disclose it all the time. About ability is that some companies want you. This is not only the company interviewing you, but also you interviewing the company (it is true)
At this point, the interview is over, and the code is only 2,000 plus words. It’s almost time to write these. The interview is not difficult. The rare thing is that you didn’t investigate anything at all, and you didn’t do any work, so you didn’t say anything, so you are anxious and nervous. A wise man finds a way, but a fool is resigned to his fate.